Monday, December 31, 2012

Makes of 2012

2012 was an interesting year for me craft-wise as it was the year I found myself quilting obsessively again. I didn't crochet very much, and I didn't sew many clothes after the beginning of the year. But I thought on the eve of the new year, I would take a quick look at the finished makes for the year, and perhaps have a think about what I wanted to achieve next year. No resolutions, though.

Because as you all should know by now, I think new year's resolutions are a crock.

Making clothes:

I didn't make much this year. Probably too busy quilting.

Simplicity 2938   Simplicity 2938 - in linen   Simplicity 2247 
 May 27 - Me Made May 2012   McCalls 3507 - Christmas Skirt 2012

Crochet:
I made a total of three crocheted items.  THREE.

Armorique shawl  Dentelle cowls

Quilting:

I made or finished five quilt this year - and only one of them was for me. And that one was a 7 year odyssey for which I was rewarded with a Highly Commended in the machine quilted section at the Canberra Quilters' annual quilt show.  Proudest moment of my quilting life!

Sunny Day Baby Quilt   Twisted Hexagons at the Canberra Quilters Exhibition   Twisted Hexagons at the Canberra Quilters Exhibition

Trade-Winds-and-Stars   Emergency Hug quilt   Accentuate the Positive

I published my first pattern at Moda Bake Shop, and people made my quilt! Second proudest quilting moment ever.

For 2013 I'd like to keep to my "no deadlines" philosophy. It seems to work for me, except where emergency hugs are required (and please, universe, no more emergency hug moments in 2013 thanks.)

I will finish some of the things I started in 2012. Including at least two of the three hexagon projects I have going at the moment.

We're going to travel a fair bit in 2013, and I'm even going to travel to some exciting places for my quilting.

It would be an almighty achievement to sort out my sewing room once and for all.

I will make a motherload of winter skirts and dresses. And line them.

I'd like to tackle sewing with stretch fabrics. And finally replace my gazillion year overlocker with something a little more flash and a little less rusty.

But most of all I'd like to continue to have FUN with my crafting. Because if it's not fun then there's really no point!

I hope 2013 brings you all health, happiness 
and lots of hexagons. 

Thanks for sticking around this year - I've had a blast hanging around with you all!

Michelle xx

13 comments:

  1. I'll be hanging out, following along on your adventures in 2013. heres to the new year and fun crafting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And likewise Jodie! Here's to a great 2013 for you too!

      Delete
  2. I've had a blast too, you're very inspiring. Here's to 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you! It is only a few short hours away, and I will be in at Southbank, Brisbane to watch all the festivities happening.
    Looking forward to 2013 and following along with all your creativeness - whether it is sewing, crocheting or quilting...J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy the fireworks at Southbank! We'll be here at home in Canberra, sipping on the Baileys and catching up some recorded crime shows, no doubt. xx

      Delete
  4. Happy new year Michelle, I hope 2013 brings much craft and love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great 2012. Love the quilts.. Wish you a very happy new year and a blasting great crafting and travelling year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a star Michelle! It's refreshing to hear that resolutions are a crock !! But actually I just want to admire your quilts - seeing them in one post is awe inspiring....they are fabulous and I love them. Well done on your achievements in quilting this year and may 2013 be full of the fun sewing, crafting and quilting is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new year Michelle! May your crafting continue to be fun, exciting and happy-making. I know I don't comment much but I enjoy following your crafty and travel adventures (in a non-stalkery way, of course)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made me giggle - wishing for lots of hexagons! I literally had to make myself stop and go to bed lastnight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had an amazing year and I'm so glad that I was able to be a part of it in a small way. I can't wait to see what magic you make in 2013 (and to see you win more quilting awards!)

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments, but if you're anonymous please tell me who you are.